FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of WoH Points for a secluded beach vacation
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:12 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Seems like a beach resort to me, it’s isolated making it more intimate than Zilara which is more crowded and party atmosphere.

Papagayo is our honeymoon destination after months of research. It’s also going up in Category so they must be doing something right
Right. So you haven’t been there. Why not wait till you have experienced it personally before recommending it to others (which implies you have first hand knowledge)? Seems logical. Or at least point out that you haven’t actually been there...

I’m not saying Papagayo isn’t nice... it is... but it sits high up on a hill, well above an “inland” beach which faces into a bay, not the open ocean. There is little to no wave action and the water is murky. If you call that a “beach resort” then more power to you.

As for Ziva and Zilara, I seriously doubt you’ve been to either of them, either, but to call them “party” resorts is also inaccurate and misleading. The average age at Zilara is probably 50+..... and most are in bed by 10.

I base my Ziva/Zilara comments on 10+ visits over the past two years.