FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-certificate NOT Attached AT ALL for 40K Cert Redemption
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:44 pm
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by holocker
Wondering why it is so difficult to get a certificate attached correctly to a reservation. I wanted to make a 2-night reservation, using my 75 night Titanium 40,000 point certificate for one night and 35,000 points from my account for the second night. I could not get the certificate to attach to a reservation online, so I called to make the reservation. After making the reservation the certificate was gone from my account but the reservation still showed I needed to deduct 70,000 points from my account. I have called an additional 2 times and after the last time I was told the certificate was attached and 35,000 points were taken out of my account but now I see the certificate back in my account, no points are taken out, and the reservation still showing I need to deduct 70,000 points. This is one of the hotels going up a category on March 4 so I do not want to wait.

Is it easier to just cancel and start the reservation over and book as two 1 night stays, one using the certificate and the other points?

Hi holocker,

If you still need assistance, we'd be glad to look at this for you. Please email us at [email protected] or Private Message here with your reservation confirmation number, contact information, and full name.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison