FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reward First Flights - Seat Availability?? Help Please!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:48 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by fdem
Sorry if it is that important maybe just buy a one way F. Honestly I find that some posters need a reality check, if you have to go f just pay for it. Is CW really that awful, especially as you don’t seem to have any status so obviously not a seasoned F flyer. Seriously if it is a really special occasion just fork out if it is that important. I think you would find CW acceptable.
I am not sure the advice of buying a one way F is very good as its likely to cost nearly as much as a return and it is quite possible spending £10k+ on flights is not an option, hence the desire to use avios. I have no idea but its possible the Op has never flown First and wishes to make the most of it, personally I do find a huge different between CW and F with BA and would consider other options than flying CW.

All that said if the dates the Op wishes to travel are pretty fixed then for now I would book the CW return if its available and there are no other destinations with return F flights that appeal, it could also be worth looking at a connecting flight and doing a couple of nights elsewhere on the return if they can find F availability from somewhere else. I have noticed BA does not seem to release as many F seats as it used to and while this is a long way out its safe to say assumign BA will release F availability just because it has space is not a safe way to play things as they are quite tight on F control these days.