FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routing Advice BKK / Southeast Asia to/from USA for UA flyers
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:40 am
caioflandau

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Korea government has raised its highest “RED” alert. So, it does not look good. The total case exceeds 600. It is very likely that United will issue travel waiver. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rt/4849614002/
The COVID-19 situation is so unpredictable. The best approach is to avoid travel. I have a ticket to Milan next month, which I will have to cancel due to outbreak of COVID-19 there.
As expected, United has put a travel waiver on South Korea earlier today. US CDC now also raised the alert level to level 3 - avoid all nonessential travel. There goes my plans.

It's looking more and more likely that I'm going to be stuck in Asia for the next few months. Flights directly from BKK, not going through other Asian countries (EK for example), are too expensive. Seems like I have little choice other than flying somewhere else in Asia, as I need to leave Thailand soon or I'll overstay my tourist visa. Fun times.