FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TP & Avios - IB ticketed flight on AA metal
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:58 am
malkie

Programs: BA
TP & Avios - IB ticketed flight on AA metal

I normally just stick with BA for all TATLs, but my new CTA is coming up with better fares with different ticketing combinations. Thought I'd try something new.

I have an upcoming TATL on BA metal (A350!!), but ticketed by AA. I can see the flight in the BA app and select seats no issue. It also shows TP and avois earned, crediting to my BA account.
However, I now also have a TATL on AA metal ticketed by IB. I can't see it in the BA App (need to have BA metal in the booking), and also can't locate it using the AA website. I can see it on the Iberia website, but get an error going in for seat selection.
  • Firstly, I assume I can credit TP and Avois to my BA account flying AA on an IB ticket, but in reality how do I make that happen ? (My BA number does appear on the IB website - will these credit automatically after the flight ?)
  • Secondly, I assume I check in online using the IB website ? Do I present at IB or AA desks at T3 ?
  • Thirdly, how do I sort out seat selection ? (Given I get an error message of 'This Flight does not permit seat selection')
I actually thought I was proficient at these things, but have been caught out for exclusively travelling on BA metal and BA tickets for too long.

Thanks!