FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2020)
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:56 am
RangerNS

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
My wife has asked me to consider moving east of Quebec.

I can work remotely, so that part is fine, and it seems we could purchase a decent place given we own in BC where values are crazy...

She seems hung up on NB and open to NS. I've explained that I need to be within 45 minutes of an airport.

Can those of you from NB and NS list the cons of the suburbs of either Saint John or Halifax?
I'm not sure I'd consider SJ to have an airport :0. It'll mean an extra segment to get anywhere, or at least really long layovers. Halifax will eventually get direct to Europe back, or indirect on the same A/C via the place everyone hopes you mean when you mumble "Saint John".

45 minutes of either could get you solidly into the hinterland, and a rounding error on selling Vancouver property. SJ burbs would be presumably cheaper than Halifax if you are seeking something that isn't the woods. Even urban Halifax is within 45 minutes, 99% of the time.

The Halifax real estate market is on the upswing, the conspiracy theory being that foreign money has taken Toronto and Vancouver for all it can. If you are thinking of your home price 10 years from now, Halifax would easily win.

​​​​​​