FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spending Flying Club Miles on AF-KLM
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:47 am
CosmicGirl

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Wow! Pretty convinced then that these CC vouchers can’t be used on AF-KLM anytime soon
Despite the mess we were in, I just discovered that some things may have changed after all. I was playing with the VS booking engine and did bump into reward tickets consisting of, say, AMS-LHR on KL followed by LHR-x on VS. The mileage is charged on a "per-carrier" basis, namely you get charged for the KL segments as per the distance-based KL tables, plus the VS part based on the segment-based VS table. So AMS-LHR-JFK in off-peak season is 4k + 10k = 14k for a one-way in Y, as opposed to 12k if you book AMS-JFK direct on KL with VS.

I had not seen these before so I'm not sure if they're a very recent addition or if they've been there since Feb 13. But it does strike me as odd that there appear to be (rare) cases in which this can be booked as a reward flight, yet to my knowledge the KL-VS code combination cannot be booked on a revenue fare (with the exception of insanely priced full fare combinations).