FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routing Advice BKK / Southeast Asia to/from USA for UA flyers
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:29 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
This is definitely not a good time to be travelling. You have to worry about the flights operating and all the quarantine rules at your destination(s), and things keep changing.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
OP is going to transfer, not leave the airport. As long as OP’s flights operate at his/her travel date, there is nothing to worry about. OP, just be prepared for the worst. Facial masks will be essential on plane.
Good luck.
To me, the biggest risks right now are airline schedule changes (remember OP has 2 tickets) and quarantine requirements.

I would not say there is "nothing" to worry about Covid-19-wise when changing planes (or flying). There is always a risk.

I have to admit I am risk-averse and anxious about this whole thing. I am not paranoid though - I came back on UA 872 from TPE 3 weeks ago and I was one of the few who did not wear a mask. If this thing does not get under control soon, it is going to have huge human and economic tolls, not that it is not already huge.