FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Reliable is ExpertFlyer?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:58 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I suspect you're running into the age-old problem of it wanting R. I also suspect that you're saying something like "I only need P and there's P", and they're doing an SFO-AMS search, which as EF confirms, comes back P0.

I'd just email the concierge, reference ACPedia #whatever , and ask for them too get it pushed through.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What happens if you go on ac.com and try to buy a ticket for SFO-YYZ? Will it sell you a P fare? I once had a similar situation where I saw P1 on EF but the AC phone agent insisted the flight was P0, and continued to insist it even when I said that the website would sell me the P fare. She said the website wasn't live and it wouldn't actually go through, and was only convinced after I actually bought it (and saw P go from 1 to 0 on EF), at which point she went and talked to NRD or whoever and got the upgrade done (I just cancelled after I had proved the point). I don't know exactly what they did or found when she put me on hold, but my purchasing the P fare on the website was what convinced her to go actually do some work on it.
I am able to see P fare on AC.com. Got another Concierge agent on the phone. Initially, he gave me the same line about his system showing no availability below D. I asked him first to confirm that (1) P space is sufficient to confirm an upgrade from B and (2) he also see the P availability on AC.com.

At first, he said 'yes' to #1 but 'no' to #2 , and insisted that I needed to clear my cache and cookies, blah blah. After much back and forth, he realized he was looking at Feb 22 instead of Mar 22. Then he confirmed he also see P space on AC.com called the NRD and got the upgrade confirmed in 2 minutes.

This is insane. No 'normal' customer should be expected to go to these lengths to receive something they're rightfully owed.

Thanks for all the help, @Adam Smith and @canadiancow.