FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Reliable is ExpertFlyer?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:35 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
But as @Adam Smith suggested, I also thought segment-by-segment availability is what matters (this is what a Concierge agent confirmed to me last time as well and ultimately somehow pushed through my upgrade). But today, multiple agents advised they see no P or Z space even just searching SFO-YYZ, whereas I see plenty through EF.

@canadiancow This is a Latitude AMS-SFO round trip (all legs in B). I mentioned D being the lowest fare class available because that's apparently what the AC agents see.
What happens if you go on ac.com and try to buy a ticket for SFO-YYZ? Will it sell you a P fare? I once had a similar situation where I saw P1 on EF but the AC phone agent insisted the flight was P0, and continued to insist it even when I said that the website would sell me the P fare. She said the website wasn't live and it wouldn't actually go through, and was only convinced after I actually bought it (and saw P go from 1 to 0 on EF), at which point she went and talked to NRD or whoever and got the upgrade done (I just cancelled after I had proved the point). I don't know exactly what they did or found when she put me on hold, but my purchasing the P fare on the website was what convinced her to go actually do some work on it.