FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:48 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by AJA_
Hi. I noticed no-one replied to you. The short answer is yes if it is a BA only flight but read

02 UuA on BA only flight, booked through a travel agency

in the thread above for more detail.

"The ability to upgrade Travel Agent (TA) issued tickets is possible since 17 July 2012, with corporate net tickets from 24 July 2012.

There are a number of criteria, and broadly follow the same terms and conditions as Upgrade Using Avios (UUA) on a normal booking."

Also note "The country in which the TA is in must be the same as the address in your BAEC profile for you to be able to UUA." So make sure you're booking through the Expedia website in the same country your BAEC account is.

Please also note that although you can also upgrade flights on Iberia or AA these "Flights must be booked directly through BA. Flights booked through a travel agent are not eligible." per section 03 above.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Something I've not tried before. If I make an Expedia booking (flight and hotel), knowing the fare I'll acquire will be upgradable and space also available, is it possible to action an upgrade on the phone to BA? Thanks
If booking with Expedia, I would always follow Corporate-wage-slave's advice in this thread:
BA LHR-MCT Expedia Price