FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The When BA Get It Right Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:24 am
rossmacd

Posted on another thread, but thought I would give it an airing here:

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I was coming in from JFK last night, after being moved forward onto an on-time flight as mine was quite heavily delayed. I also maintained an UD window seat, not 64K that I originally had, but something that was still adequate. I slept like a log from gear up to 40mins to landing call. I was meant to be heading to another city in Europe in CE and that flight was still running (despite the disruptions on other flights), but I cheekily asked if I could be moved onto another flight to another city in a different country, answer was yes, but on standby. I was absolutely fine with that - I was number 1 on the standby list for CE. Roll forward a few hours - flight closed, I noticed that the CE middle seats had been filled (posted on another thread) and then got the nod from the agent in the CCR that I had a seat if I wanted it - 36F. I grabbed it with both hands. I don't care at all for the CE product, but I was very happy to get a seat on a flight that I was not meant to be on, to a city/country that I was not originally ticketed to (on a totally inflexible ticket) - all without change fee. So, thanks to all those in CE at the front who made space for me (and I guess some others) to get on the flight - I am a happy customer. I hope it shows that there is always two sides to a story
Overall, a happy customer with this journey, complete with a healthy dose of flexibility shown by BA on this occasion. Being someone who is not normally overly positive about BA due to their current hard and soft product proposition, there is not much I can fault here. Furthermore, the 2 Scottish CC on the UD on JFK-LHR were the examples of great service - welcoming, friendly and attentive to those who just want to sleep the full flight. Despite requesting no service whatsoever, it is always nice to have an unprompted cup of tea thrust in your direction upon awakening with a friendly smile

Good job BA.
​​​