Wiki Posts
Search

The When BA Get It Right Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
The "When BA Get It Right" Thread

Sorry if this thread exists, I couldn't find anything after a quick search of the forum.

I thought it would be fun to create a thread full of positive experiences from flying British Airways.

I'll start:

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the English National Opera today in the Galleries First Lounge:

Additionally, the cabin service manager welcomed me onboard and congratulated me on achieving gold - I thought that was a nice touch.
likethis, TTmex, T8191 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by samfrost93; Feb 15, 2020 at 3:05 am
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I like the Thread concept, limited though it may be. ✔️

I do not like people singing at me in a Lounge! 😲
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Why am I reminded of an old TV advert where a man enters a dusty unused office to answer a phone, only for it to be a wrong number - its the obsolete complaints dept for a well-loved beer?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suspect the lovely aria would have been much more appreciated in the Galleries J rather than the F lounge. A more cultured and less DYKWIA audience.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Every time they get me to destination safely they are getting it right for me. So far it's been 100%. The rest is about small differences.
HIDDY, jmd and SKRan like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fripperies
Every time they get me to destination safely they are getting it right for me. So far it's been 100%. The rest is about small differences.
I think thats right - I always feel safe onboard BA.

The small things can sometimes make all the difference though - and I find that typically comes from the crew who are always world class no matter what is going on elsewhere in the airline.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
The Manchester lounge at Christmas- the staff put lots of effort into making it look nice!

The customer relations people who were very pragmatic on assistance after storm Ciara last weekend. It’s not always a “no”!
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Another from me:

On the past two flights to Madrid I've specifically chosen to fly 777 - both times I've been moved from CW cabin to First. There's something quite cool about flying across Europe in a First seat.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I talked to the F/O of my flight from LBA to LHR yesterday evening and he invited me into the cockpit, and finally I got my 'picture of Duck 1981 in the F/O seat'.

That was pretty cool for me as avgeek
HIDDY, shefgab, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duck1981
I talked to the F/O of my flight from LBA to LHR yesterday evening and he invited me into the cockpit, and finally I got my 'picture of Duck 1981 in the F/O seat'.

That was pretty cool for me as avgeek
Love it! I've always wanted a picture in the cockpit but never had the balls to ask haha.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by samfrost93
Love it! I've always wanted a picture in the cockpit but never had the balls to ask haha.
We have managed to get photos in the cockpit of two 787s and two 747s so far. The most recent time on a 747, the first officer came back and, completely unprompted, said to my son "The captain wants to see you up front". We all jumped at the opportunity. Hoping to get photos in an a380 and 777 this summer.

On a different note, I was flying out in WTP and had some white wine and (when asked later) commented that it would have been better if it was more chilled. A few days later on my return flight but in WT, I happened to have the same crew member. Completely unprompted they pre-emptively chilled some white wine in their ice bucket for me. Fantastic little touch.
MajorVoid, T8191 and samfrost93 like this.

Last edited by Jofnan; Feb 15, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jofnan
We have managed to get photos in the cockpit of two 787s and two 747s so far. The most recent time on a 747, the first officer came back and, completely unprompted, said to my son "The captain wants to see you up front". We all jumped at the opportunity. Hoping to get photos in an a380 and 777 this summer.
Amazing, I'm very jealous! I actually flew home from Madrid with Iberia this afternoon and asked to see the flight deck upon landing. The flight crew were unbelievably welcoming and lovely to chat to!

Originally Posted by Jofnan
On a different note, I was out in WTP and had some white wine and (when asked later) commented that it would have been better if it was more chilled. A few days later on my return flight but in WT, I happened to have the same crew member. Completely unprompted they pre-emptively chilled some white wine in their ice bucket for me. Fantastic little touch.
It's things like that which separate BA crew with other airlines IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fripperies
Indeed. I'm always amazed after a jourmey covering thousands of miles I usually arrive more or less on schedule.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:24 am

Posted on another thread, but thought I would give it an airing here:

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I was coming in from JFK last night, after being moved forward onto an on-time flight as mine was quite heavily delayed. I also maintained an UD window seat, not 64K that I originally had, but something that was still adequate. I slept like a log from gear up to 40mins to landing call. I was meant to be heading to another city in Europe in CE and that flight was still running (despite the disruptions on other flights), but I cheekily asked if I could be moved onto another flight to another city in a different country, answer was yes, but on standby. I was absolutely fine with that - I was number 1 on the standby list for CE. Roll forward a few hours - flight closed, I noticed that the CE middle seats had been filled (posted on another thread) and then got the nod from the agent in the CCR that I had a seat if I wanted it - 36F. I grabbed it with both hands. I don't care at all for the CE product, but I was very happy to get a seat on a flight that I was not meant to be on, to a city/country that I was not originally ticketed to (on a totally inflexible ticket) - all without change fee. So, thanks to all those in CE at the front who made space for me (and I guess some others) to get on the flight - I am a happy customer. I hope it shows that there is always two sides to a story
Overall, a happy customer with this journey, complete with a healthy dose of flexibility shown by BA on this occasion. Being someone who is not normally overly positive about BA due to their current hard and soft product proposition, there is not much I can fault here. Furthermore, the 2 Scottish CC on the UD on JFK-LHR were the examples of great service - welcoming, friendly and attentive to those who just want to sleep the full flight. Despite requesting no service whatsoever, it is always nice to have an unprompted cup of tea thrust in your direction upon awakening with a friendly smile

Good job BA.
​​​
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: BA GfL
Whilst travelling with my Mum who is in a wheelchair, can only manage walking a few steps and is nearly deaf, the BA agents, crews, both cockpit and cabin, have been invariably superb. Some examples:

Because of a late boarding due to the Ambulift being delayed, we were the last to board a full flight. The CSM had stopped other pax from using the overheard locker above our seats, so we had room for her sticks and our bags.
Due to a seat booking mix up, we had to walk some distance down the cabin; the CSM apologised (it was not her fault) and we were offered free choice from the BOB menu (this was a BA charter).
Despite being in her mid-80s, my Mum likes to look good. A cabin crew member complimented her on her nails and hat - that made her day. His service was excellent and deserved a Golden Ticket!
Countless times (countless) the cabin crew have helped carrying our cabin baggage so I could help my Mum.
Twice when her wheelchair didn't arrive the pilot went down to the apron to find it.
Once due to a late arrival we missed our connection and were booked on the next flight; the gate agent started moving pax around so we could sit together.
Similarly, missing our connection at LHR T5, we were advised to go landslide to rebook. The queues were immense. One of the on-duty managers got on the phone and opened up a desk in the Arrivals lounge for pax with special needs.

Well done BA, you know how to make a difference!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.