FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKIA: Taking train from gate 40/60 to midfield concourse?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:09 am
WillTins3

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Rain187
Yes, the arrival and departure are at two different level in HKIA. For transit passengers, you have to proceed transfer desk to get an onward borading pass (if you dont have one), if you have one, just proceed to the Transfer Point where you will pass the security screening (there are quite a few of that and depending the time you arrive) some are quite busy but some are less busy, generally it takes around 15 mins or less. After that just take an escalator up to the departure level.

No need to go through immigration unless your luggage didnt checked through to the final destination.
Thank you. Sounds like a quick process. Only other time I flew international, I landed in Ghuagzhou and it took about an hour to get back up to the gates. Went through one area and had to show passport. Then went through another area and had to show passport and then up to the gates.

Yes, I will be flying on a one ticket itinerary. Flight from USA to HKG will be on United. At HKG I will switch to Hong Kong airlines for a flight to Bangkok. Since this was booked on one ticket through United, I believe my bags will check all the way through to Bangkok. Not sure if I will be given a ticket for the hong Kong airlines by United or not. Hopefully United will print all ticket segments out for me.