Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

HKIA: Taking train from gate 40/60 to midfield concourse?

Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan

At HKIA, can I go down and take the train from the gate 40/60 fork area to the midfield concourse (gates 2xx)? I usually take train from after immigration and go up to the gate 40/60 area and didn't pay attention if there is a way there to get down to catch the train.

Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Yes, there is a way but it's not on any escalator. Take the elevators down to level 1 where you will be able to board the train to the remote gate terminal. Just did this yesterday after leaving the Amex lounge.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Great, thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
How to get from AMEX Centurion Terminal 1 to Midfield Concourse at HKG

Originally Posted by uanj
Yes, there is a way but it's not on any escalator. Take the elevators down to level 1 where you will be able to board the train to the remote gate terminal. Just did this yesterday after leaving the Amex lounge.

How long did it take you to get from AMEX Centurion Lounge in Terminal 1 to Midfield Concourse?

I believe you somehow find a way to get on an Automated People Move type train and go from Terminal 1 to Midfield Concourse?

Thank you
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by WillTins3
How long did it take you to get from AMEX Centurion Lounge in Terminal 1 to Midfield Concourse?

I believe you somehow find a way to get on an Automated People Move type train and go from Terminal 1 to Midfield Concourse?

Thank you
From the Centurion Lounge, you should allow yourself twenty minutes to get to a gate at the Midfield Concourse the first time. The Centurion Lounge is on the departures mezzanine level, so you will need to take an escalator down to the main departures level. The escalators near the Priority Pass Lounge are marginally closer. From there you take an elevator down to the people mover train. These elevators are located near the end of the end of the walking travelators. As you come from the main terminal near where the travelators end you will find the elevators on the left. Take an elevator down to the lowest level to get the train out to the gates in the 200s.

It's actually very easy, the only difficulty is the elevators, while in plain sight, are not especially well signed coming from the direction of the Centurion Lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by uanj
From the Centurion Lounge, you should allow yourself twenty minutes to get to a gate at the Midfield Concourse the first time. The Centurion Lounge is on the departures mezzanine level, so you will need to take an escalator down to the main departures level. The escalators near the Priority Pass Lounge are marginally closer. From there you take an elevator down to the people mover train. These elevators are located near the end of the end of the walking travelators. As you come from the main terminal near where the travelators end you will find the elevators on the left. Take an elevator down to the lowest level to get the train out to the gates in the 200s.

It's actually very easy, the only difficulty is the elevators, while in plain sight, are not especially well signed coming from the direction of the Centurion Lounge.
This is really wonderful. I appreciate this information. I will leave probably about an hour before the flight or maybe a little more to get to the Midlevel gates in time. Thank you. This is very helpful.

Question: Upon arrival at HKG from the United States, I assume you can't go directly from the plane to the lounge. Do you have to exit the plane and then go through an arrivals/immigration check point and re screening to get back up into the departures area? Does that take about an hour? Thank you.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WillTins3
This is really wonderful. I appreciate this information. I will leave probably about an hour before the flight or maybe a little more to get to the Midlevel gates in time. Thank you. This is very helpful.

Question: Upon arrival at HKG from the United States, I assume you can't go directly from the plane to the lounge. Do you have to exit the plane and then go through an arrivals/immigration check point and re screening to get back up into the departures area? Does that take about an hour? Thank you.
Yes, the arrival and departure are at two different level in HKIA. For transit passengers, you have to proceed transfer desk to get an onward borading pass (if you dont have one), if you have one, just proceed to the Transfer Point where you will pass the security screening (there are quite a few of that and depending the time you arrive) some are quite busy but some are less busy, generally it takes around 15 mins or less. After that just take an escalator up to the departure level.

No need to go through immigration unless your luggage didnt checked through to the final destination.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Rain187
Yes, the arrival and departure are at two different level in HKIA. For transit passengers, you have to proceed transfer desk to get an onward borading pass (if you dont have one), if you have one, just proceed to the Transfer Point where you will pass the security screening (there are quite a few of that and depending the time you arrive) some are quite busy but some are less busy, generally it takes around 15 mins or less. After that just take an escalator up to the departure level.

No need to go through immigration unless your luggage didnt checked through to the final destination.
Thank you. Sounds like a quick process. Only other time I flew international, I landed in Ghuagzhou and it took about an hour to get back up to the gates. Went through one area and had to show passport. Then went through another area and had to show passport and then up to the gates.

Yes, I will be flying on a one ticket itinerary. Flight from USA to HKG will be on United. At HKG I will switch to Hong Kong airlines for a flight to Bangkok. Since this was booked on one ticket through United, I believe my bags will check all the way through to Bangkok. Not sure if I will be given a ticket for the hong Kong airlines by United or not. Hopefully United will print all ticket segments out for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.