FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16 Feb : BA Heathrow operations disrupted : Systems failures
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:05 pm
Can I help you
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Well I was on LIN-LHR today and we sat on the tarmac for 2 1/2 hours. The FA "kindness offensive" for us consisted of them distributing plastic cups of drinking water, mostly just on demand. After an hour they agreed to sell other refreshments except they claimed they couldn't sell anything hot or alcoholic.

I know there are lots of BA zealots on this forum who will be happy to point out smugly that since it wasn't BA's problem, BA had no obligation to their customers. Yup, sure, totally correct. It really worked too, I feel ever so much better about BA as a result...ha!
I’m guessing they couldn’t sell alcohol for customs reasons and possibly they didn’t want to start cooking food just in case the flight was cleared for takeoff quickly but I can see that these reasons would be hard to understand, what I will say is we don’t set out to disappoint customers, funnily enough happy customers are easy to look after.