FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:40 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Mercure hotel Frankfurt Airport

Name of the hotel:: Mercure hotel Frankfurt Airport. To be accurate, as there are several Mercure hotels at FRA, it is the one located Am Weiher 20 in Kelsterbach.

- What is your Le Club status? Diamond

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? : nothing really bad, but just…bof

I knew that they had a shuttle from/to FRA, as it is mentioned on the hotel webpages, but there is no details about it (I don’t understand why hotels do not post more details about that kind of services : where to find it, frequency, etc). So a few hours before checking-in, I sent an email at the hotel enquiring about details for the shuttle. I never received any response. Disembarking in terminal 2, I then called the hotel. They said the shuttle is only serving terminal 1 and that the next one in T1 was in 15 min and that I will not make it from T2 on-time and the next one is in 1 hr. Great…So I finally took a cab.

The hotel is the kind of old Mercure that is not super appealing. Check-in was quick and I was given the drink voucher (which I didn’t use because no time).

The shuttle is shared with a nearby Ibis and a Moxy. It doesn’t run super frequently. It is free from the airport but cost 3 EUR to the airport. At least they gave me the ticket for free (Diamond benefit ?).

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? : I booked a standard room with queen bed & sofa and I received standard room with queen bed. So this is technically a downgrade. Frankly, I could not care less as I arrived in room at 22:30 and was intending to leave at 8 am, so I didn’t ask for anything and I know the hotel was fully booked. But still…At least they put the “Privilčge items” (bathrobe & slippers). There was also an espresso machine.

- How are the rooms?: standard European size. I had the feeling that this hotel was an ex-Novotel as there were many typical Novotel stuff : old crappy white painting with reliefs, bathroom was also the typical Novotel one.

The heating is done through the AC system. It was so noisy that I had to switch it off. There is a curfew at night in FRA, and I can tell you that soundproofing was very poor. Indeed, from 6 am, plane noise was making it impossible to sleep.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: :
  • close to airport (but it takes about 15 min),
Bad:
  • shuttle to only one terminal, cost 3 EUR to go to terminal
  • kind of room downgrade
  • outdated style
  • poor soundproofing
  • ridiculous welcome gift (see below)
  • no real status recognition
  • Dinner room service trays that were in the corridor when I arrived and were still there the following morning
- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?: no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :

The super welcome gift, costing 0.5 EUR (price seen in a nearby gas station), was a pack of kit-kat. I posted the picture here :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32065897-post65.html

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?likely not.