FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus / COVID-19 : general fact-based reporting
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:53 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yes, I saw that headline somewhere. Hopefully, the Cambodians don't renege! Have they been doing any testing on that ship? I understand that there have so far been no coronavirus cases. Still, after what happened with the Diamond Princess, it's obviously better safe than sorry before dispatching these folks throughout the world via commercial aviation. I would hope everyone is going to at least get a temperature check/quick medical screen.
The Bloomberg story I linked earlier mentions that the pax have been tested, and I questioned how and for what given that they haven’t been docked. If the US CDC can’t produce working test kits and ensure that collected samples are actually tested, if Japan cannot test all passengers on the Diamond Princess over the course of two weeks, what are the chances that the ship’s crew actually tested anyone for this virus? I assume no one onboard is reporting symptoms deemed suspicious and that’s that.