FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to add 16 more new gates at JFK T4
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:02 am
SFTNYC

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Duke787
I actually disagree. I find that JFK is probably my favorite airport to transit if you strip away the JFK-related issues (weather, ATC delays). I appreciate having one long walkway -- makes it really easy to find your gate and not worry about what terminal or terminal wing you are in. The SkyClub does need work but when you add in the reported new SkyClub and the AMEX Centurion Lounge opening this year in T4, that should ease the SkyClub crowding (plus of course the VS Clubhouse for the JFK-LHR market).

Then again I'm someone who hates people movers in general (even if empty and working, I prefer walking to the side) and appreciate getting in steps before I get on a long flight.
I don't mind long walks either, but the extension of A will have the same problem as the extension of B, which is namely the narrowness of the existing concourse (which forms the "throat" of the extended concourse). When they added to B, the extension was a little wider but that doesn't help much given everybody needs to walk through the older, narrower part.