FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW pricing to NY looks crazy
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:37 am
Cymro

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jay121
Hi guys,

I'm supposed to be going on my first transatlantic business trip in March to NYC (very excited). My company has a PE travel policy for my level but my boss gets to go J was hoping to try and play the oh lets go on the same flight trick and see if travel will put us together. Anyway I was looking at flights and it looks like £500 is for pe which seems a bit cheaper than standard then I had a look at CW and it is 6k for the first and second week of march.

I know tickets go up with short notice but this is crazy isn't it? I went in September last year with my gf and we spent 1k each in the sale I would've though 2-3k would be normal. All other OW airlines seems to be same as well as KLM air france etc am I missing something?
No. BA has a lot of corporate deals to fill the planes at somewhat sensible fares, enough customers in London who will pay the money to justify the extra for a non-stop flight, and enough customers outside the UK or willing to book over a weekend to fill the rest of the plane at normal fares. And if the non-stop fares without a Saturday night were cheaper, there'd be no need to negotiate those corporate deals.

Of course if you find you can overnight in Prague, Oslo or Dublin, or even travel on a weekend with a stopover - you may also find that those flexible fares drop by about 2/3.