FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Irvine/SNA
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:19 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
As often as I've spent at each property, I can't believe I haven't posted anything on this one. The Hyatt House is fairly new, located a short walk from a few things (like offices where I used to work) and on some useful bus lines. I can't claim any great things have happened to me there, but no bummers.

The Hyatt at the airport is really close to the airport. Again, there are a few walkable things and decent bus connections, but not much. The real issue at the Hyatt is that it is perpetually under renovation, repair, maintenance (based on, say, eight stays over a two-year period, most recently six months ago). Globalists get a decent breakfast buffet. Rooms are fine. Service feels "frugal".
About what’s to be expected in a Cat 2 in California.

As far as renovations that’s a main issue a lot of complaints I’ve read about HR by the airport.

HH seems to be the better choice. I enjoy HH in general because it’s so spacious and the staff tend to be nicer than some other Hyatt brands. Though I’d probably get more recognition and/or benefits as a Glob at the Regency I think I’ll go with the HH.

Its pretty close to the beach and Costa Mesa which has some good food. I lived in SoCal for many years, never really visited the Irvine/Costa Mesa area at all. But it’ll be perfect for our needs.