Hyatt House Irvine/SNA

Old May 27, 18, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Hyatt House Irvine/SNA

First time staying at a new build Hyatt House (I have stayed in a few refurbed properties but this is the first new build) and a impessed by the clean lines and quality materials used in the construction of this property.
Friendly and efficient check in. Room on top floor away from elevators as requested. All furnishings are in new condition.
Free shuttle from SNA
Parking is for a fee - standard around here ,: no nearby street parking. Location is a bit removed from dining options so a car (or ride share) is going to be your best bet
Fitness center is small for this sized property.
Large dining area.
I can see the former Hyatt Regency Irvine (RIP) from my room
Old May 28, 18, 12:16 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I stayed at this property when it first opened. At the time they had a lot of bugs to work out. For example, the TV's were in front of the AC controls. That made it impossible to see what the temperature setting was without taking a picture on the phone so you could see the current setting. It was very annoying. I went back and the second time it was fixed. I also find the housekeeping staff very pushy. As a globalist who typically takes advantage of the 4 pm checkout, I find myself getting knocks hourly even with the DND sign hanging. My biggest pet peeve for any hotel is for housekeeping to knock with the DND sign out because you never now when someone is sleeping to prepare for a red eye or to catch up after coming in from another time zone or just because you're not feeling well. The overzealous housekeeping though is a consistent problem at all SNA area hotels, and it needs to be taken care of. My final time staying there a male employee even tried to enter my room with the DND sign out and me repeatedly saying no and late checkout. That's completely unacceptable. Finally I find front desk staff inconsistent. For example some insist delivery drivers (POSTMATES ETC) wait in the lobby even when the guest says come up while others let them come right up. I prefer the latter because if I'm ordering takeout, then I'm in the middle of something and I can't leave. The rooms are clean and nice, but I'm in no hurry to return mainly because of the overzealous housekeepers.
Old May 28, 18, 10:28 am

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
I have stayed here twice so far. The first stay I did have the same DND issues as chicaloca. They woke me up even though I had confirmed 4pm with the front desk. Housekeeping said they just wanted to make sure. Well I'm awake... luckily I fell back asleep. The second stay I used a Post-It or folded up piece of paper, wrote 4pm check-out, and stuck it on top of the DND door hanger. They did not wake me up or bother me.
Overall I agree with Big guy's review. Very nice property. The parking structure has the added benefit of being able to park your car in the shade this Summer. Be prepared to walk if you choose the self-parking option. I have always parked on the ground floor. If it fills up you will have to walk a little ways.
Old Feb 9, 20, 2:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here?

Iím looking at either HH Irvine/SNA or HR John Wayne Airport both are close to one another and Cat 2 properties which is what Iím looking for considering everything else in the LA area is Cat 3 and up aside from a few HPís in the desert.

Reviews look good on Hyatt in comparison to HR nearby.
Old Feb 9, 20, 11:03 am

As often as I've spent at each property, I can't believe I haven't posted anything on this one. The Hyatt House is fairly new, located a short walk from a few things (like offices where I used to work) and on some useful bus lines. I can't claim any great things have happened to me there, but no bummers.

The Hyatt at the airport is really close to the airport. Again, there are a few walkable things and decent bus connections, but not much. The real issue at the Hyatt is that it is perpetually under renovation, repair, maintenance (based on, say, eight stays over a two-year period, most recently six months ago). Globalists get a decent breakfast buffet. Rooms are fine. Service feels "frugal".
Old Feb 9, 20, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior View Post
As often as I've spent at each property, I can't believe I haven't posted anything on this one. The Hyatt House is fairly new, located a short walk from a few things (like offices where I used to work) and on some useful bus lines. I can't claim any great things have happened to me there, but no bummers.

The Hyatt at the airport is really close to the airport. Again, there are a few walkable things and decent bus connections, but not much. The real issue at the Hyatt is that it is perpetually under renovation, repair, maintenance (based on, say, eight stays over a two-year period, most recently six months ago). Globalists get a decent breakfast buffet. Rooms are fine. Service feels "frugal".
About whatís to be expected in a Cat 2 in California.

As far as renovations thatís a main issue a lot of complaints Iíve read about HR by the airport.

HH seems to be the better choice. I enjoy HH in general because itís so spacious and the staff tend to be nicer than some other Hyatt brands. Though Iíd probably get more recognition and/or benefits as a Glob at the Regency I think Iíll go with the HH.

Its pretty close to the beach and Costa Mesa which has some good food. I lived in SoCal for many years, never really visited the Irvine/Costa Mesa area at all. But itíll be perfect for our needs.
Old Feb 9, 20, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Any recent stays here?

Iím looking at either HH Irvine/SNA or HR John Wayne Airport both are close to one another and Cat 2 properties which is what Iím looking for considering everything else in the LA area is Cat 3 and up aside from a few HPís in the desert.

Reviews look good on Hyatt in comparison to HR nearby.
I've stayed at the HH Irvine many times when visiting SoCal and it's my preferred property since it is relatively new and the staff takes good care of me. I usually get some sort of upgrade if it's not full. The rooms are still in good shape.

There isn't anything interesting within walking distance, but you can find places to eat within a few miles. Having quick access to the major freeways is a bonus.
Old Feb 9, 20, 11:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
stayed here overnight as down the street from a customer and needed a HH night for a free night.

Service is okay for limited service. Room Is a little off in my opinion a little cramped.

HR by SNA is a bit nicer and same price point. Neither have much walkable.
Old Oct 25, 20, 9:03 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All
Are the beds here on par with Hyatt Place meaning medium softness as opposed to firm or soft?
Old Oct 25, 20, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
Hi All
Are the beds here on par with Hyatt Place meaning medium softness as opposed to firm or soft?
Every Hyatt Place bed Iíve slept in has really hurt my back as opposed to every Hyatt House bed giving me a nice restful Pain free sleep.
Old Oct 26, 20, 12:19 am

Every Hyatt Place bed Iíve slept in has really hurt my back as opposed to every Hyatt House bed giving me a nice restful Pain free sleep.
Appreciate the feedback
I've been in far more Hyatt Place properties and consider them satisfactory so much is subjective and personal.
Just to understand better are you saying that Hyatt Place are too soft and that Hyatt House is medium or firm?
Old Oct 26, 20, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
Appreciate the feedback
I've been in far more Hyatt Place properties and consider them satisfactory so much is subjective and personal.
Just to understand better are you saying that Hyatt Place are too soft and that Hyatt House is medium or firm?
Iím thinking the only Hyatt Places Iíve been in were the previously Amerisuites ones.

HP - Dallas Galleria
HP - Salt Lake City Downtown
HP - Provo
HP - Secaucus
HP - Santa Fe
HP - Garland

Iím sure the newer ones are nicer but just from my experiences at the above Hyatt Places Iím always left with a hurting back in the morning.

Hyatt Houses tend to have softer - medium mattresses while the Hyatt Places Iíve stayed at are more firm, but not like memory foam in any way. If staying at a Hyatt Place my wife and I have to add 2 more layers of bedding to get to sleep without pain.

I would definitely recommend the beds at HH Irvine over those at the other nearby Hyatt Regency SNA, also the room sizes are significantly larger so thatís a plus.

Last edited by Matt4200; Oct 26, 20 at 11:16 am
Old Oct 26, 20, 1:00 am

Really good to know and appreciate the helpful feedback
Matt4200 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 20, 5:42 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I’m thinking the only Hyatt Places I’ve been in were the previously Amerisuites ones.

HP - Dallas Galleria
HP - Salt Lake City Downtown
HP - Provo
HP - Secaucus
HP - Santa Fe
HP - Houston Galleria
HP - Garland
The HP Houston Galleria was new construction, along with the adjacent HR. It was not a former Amerisuites.

The Amerisuites acquisition was more than 15 years ago. I'm reasonably confident the bedding has been replaced in those HPs since then. If there are differences, I don't think you could attribute them to former Amerisuites vs new construction.

Last edited by skj; Oct 26, 20 at 11:03 am
Old Oct 26, 20, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by skj View Post
The HP Houston Galleria was new construction, along with the adjacent HR. It was not a former Amerisuites.

The Amerisuites acquisition was more than 15 years ago. I'm reasonably confident the bedding has been replaced in those HPs since then. If there are differences, I don't think you could attribute them to former Amerisuites vs new construction.
Sorry I was up drinking and typing I meant Dallas Galleria location when I put in Houston, I edited it. Only Hyatt Iíve been to in Houston is the Downtown HR which was nice.

Whatever mattresses these locations use all have hurt my back uniformly, so Iím not sure if itís chain wide with Hyatt Places, but thatís been the case for me. Whereas every Hyatt Houseís mattress has given us a comfortable restful sleep.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: