FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:41 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
It's unlikely he could ticket before the first one is canceled, as AA's systems are good at detecting duplicates.

There have been scattered reports of people being shut down if they booked travel for people who were shut down, so you might want to be careful about using the wife's account for the time being unless she knows what's going on and doesn't care about possibly losing her AA account.
Right. I think the first ticket would have to be cancelled before the second reservation is made. I know that if I "hold" an AA reservation, but want to extend the ticketing deadline by rebooking, I need to cancel the first reservation before doing so.

As far as the wife booking the reservation goes, she's actually the other pax on the reservation (2 people travelling). I don't think her account is that valuable if she can never bring her husband with her on vacation. Or maybe it is. But in any event, while a ticket is pending at AA.com, can you still cancel it by hitting the "cancel trip" button?