FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sunday 9 Feb Weather - Disruption [BA flight assistance and information only please]
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:30 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Thank you for the list CWS. I have a flight to LHR also tomorrow, but the flight is not on the list. Do you think there will be more cancellations during the evening? Or can I risk that they cancel the flight a short time before departure?
Are we allowed to cancel a booking for a flight (I cannot move the time to later) that is scheduled to fly tomorrow?
That's crystal ball territory. If I was BA's Fat Controller I would have slung out half the services by now, but that's easy to say in front of my roaring log fire. At some point BA will try to run the services left in the timetable, and if your service is cancelled you can move to alternative services or get a refund. It's difficult to do it any other way, e.g. what if you moved to an alternative service, that was cancelled and then you couldn't use your original service because it was full but operates to plan?

At the moment, if your service is not cancelled, you can fly today if there's a service you can take or from Tuesday, see wiki.