FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus / COVID-19 : general fact-based reporting
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:16 am
anacapamalibu
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I spoke today with a work colleague in Wuhu (not Wujan). He and his family have been confined to their apartment for the past 10 days, which will continue through the weekend. Barring government action, he will return to work on Monday (I could certainly see the government forbidding this for another week or more).
My customers are starting to ask for status on supply issues from our plant in Wuhu, and also for our products made in Mexico that utilize parts made in China. One very major concern from me is a supplier that is located in Wujan. Supposed to return to work Monday, but I find that really hard to believe. But if they do I suppose that is a good sign.
If not, there will be many interruptions in commerce rippling throughout the world over the next weeks and months.
Not sure if one of the requirements allowing workers to return on 2/10 is compulsory mask wearing.
Since there is a mask shortage and masks dont last forever...could be a stumbling block for return of workers.

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co.
told employees at its Shenzhen facility not to return to work when the extended Lunar New Year break ends Feb. 10, according to a memo obtained by Bloomberg News.Electronics giant Foxconn, maker of the Apple iPhone, is taking the unusual step of switching part of its production to making surgical masks.

The firm is also pushing to be allowed to reopen its regular production lines making electronics, which have been closed due to the coronavirus.