FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2020 and Beyond]
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:13 pm
Paplover

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
For the last 8-10 years I have always volunteered for a VDB when flying out of PSC (DM for 4/5 last years) and even asked about it on flights I was sure were not over. I have gotten 3 or 4 from there in the last 6 months, all for $500. Needless to say everyone there knows me. They have even apologized when there were no-shows and I did not get bumped. In December a co-worker and I were talking to the GA waiting on a VDB and she was explaining to him the extent they would go to accommodate me, they would look for me on the manifest if a flight was over and there was a standing order that I would get any reroute I wanted provided those flights were not oversold. I have had bumps which were over by one and the $ value was not mentioned until after the door had closed and got $500. I have heard them announce $200 when over by 1-2 on flights from an adjacent gate so $500 as the only one needed was a bonus. Unfortunately this is likely to end. On 2/4 Skywest is pulling out of providing ground support here and a new company will take over the ground operations and NONE of the Skywest folks decided to move to the new company so a complete changeover in personnel. Now I have to break in a whole new crew just before I retire . I just hope the current crew tells the new crew just how wonderful I am .