FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BR Adjusts Service/Schedule Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:42 pm
Taipei

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by evergrn
Okay it helps that Chinese citizens aren't allowed to transit via TPE. Has it always been this way, or is it just since the outbreak?
And if it's always been this way, then China-TPE flights are pretty much strictly O&D?

I'm not any more worried the virus in Taiwan or Jpn than I am about it in US. Jpn may have 2x as many cases as Taiwan, but it's also got 5x the population. And to me, 20 cases in an entire country is no different than another country with 10 cases. They're both very small %, but either way we don't know what to expect going forward.
What I am worried about is being in the same aircraft as multiple pax coming from China, whether/not they have symptoms.
It's been like this for awhile, as far transit Chinese. Most the transit passengers are ethnic Chinese with USA or other passports. In Taiwan so far, most of the current cases are Taiwanese that visited or a resident of the Wuhan area, so since they Wuhan flights have been cancelled there should be no people from this area (where 90%+ of the people with this sickness is from). Most Chinese passport holders will fly Chinese airlines which still have flights as of today to Sapporo ( 8 arrivals today/ 12 scheduled)

Last edited by Taipei; Feb 1, 2020 at 11:52 pm