FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not happy! My advice solution for the late check out problems at resort
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:37 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
Listen Marriott management, the problem now is that elite members are very difficult to get the 4pm late check out at resorts hotel, which because of your T&C did not include it as guarantee, so that gives the hotel the opportunity to kick elite out as long as we got an upgraded room. Here is my advice to makes everyone happy:

strictly enforce 3 pm check in. The earlier check in time is 3pm. If any one had an earlier flight and need a room immediately , he got what he reserving for, if you need upgrade? Then everyone have to wait till 4 pm or later.

I don’t mind waiting for my room, I can totally accept a t standard room for rest first then moving to upgraded room late in the evening, BUT I don’t like to move rooms and luggage around on check out date to move to another room, this is really annoying.

Do you like moving packaging your luggage to another room on departure day just for 4 hours? To go downstairs to front desk, make the payment , get a new key , go upstairs again.

Today I check out at surf paradise Marriott, I used my suite night award to upgrade to executive suite, however hotel asking me to leave on 12 pm, she said guest already arrive for the suite, at 11 am! The best she can offer me is to check out at 12:30, yes, 30mins late check out! Make any sense?

And then I was moved to another room to using the 4pm late check out, which giving me the lowest floor room with bad views.

This doesn’t make much sense, when we want stay late check out, it feels like we are asking for something that is too much or something we are not entitled for, but hotel have no problem allowing guest check in at noon for a suite.

what is the problem here , no guarantee = no late check out at all at resorts, they are asking me to leave at 12 pm, and there is always a reason , based on avavbility is BS.
If you were in an Exec Suite then sorry I am not surprised that you were asked to checkout ontime. There is a limited number of suites and if they have guests arriving who have paid for the suite for example (not SNA) then they will do what they can to give them it early. Also if Checkin is 3pm then having the suite until 12:30, which means housekeeping get into it at near 1pm means they do not have that long to clean it and get it signed off ready for the next guests.

I am not sure what you are complaining about here as policy is very clear yuo ahve no right to late checkout at a resort, simply based on availability and if your in a suite chances are the hotel is going to want it back sooner due to the limited number they have. To suggest that you are being made to feel like your asking for something your not entitled to is simply because that is exactly what your doing. You have no idea if the people who are arriving for that Suite are very frequent guests and thus as any sensible business would do they chose to give them the room earlier than they had to rather than let you have it later than they had to, the point is however is it was well within the rights of the hotel to make this decision. It could equally be the case the arriving guests had an approved Your24 request, I assume you did not?

It is frustrating when you would like to keep a room until you need to leave a hotel, but at a resort if you wish to do this you either need to agree it for an extra fee before arrival, take your chances or book an extra night. It is this sort of entitled attitude that to me makes hotels devalue Elite members and actually leads to lower levels of benifits at properties/