FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus - Air China offers full refunds
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:06 pm
YuropFlyer

Anyone else think that people are MASSIVELY overreacting on it?

They already locked the whole city/area where the virus (which isn't more deadly or doesn't spread faster than a common cold!) originated from, with no massive breakouts anywhere else, just a few cases throughout the country (and a few overseas)

Transfer in PEK/PVG doesn't increase your risk at all, probably even lesser, due to the massive checks/controls happening right now.

I just exited from Malaysia, guess what, they didn't even check my passport at exit immigration (they should have learned from their past.. but clearly didn't) - should I have been worried about others travelling on fake identity and being potential security risks? Obviously not! Or I could never enjoy travel.

Travel always brings the risk of catching something that isn't common in your area (say, tapeworms) - but it also broadens your horizont. And you need to be willing to take some risk (I'm not even saying you take ANY extra risk here, just saying that travelling in general does bring some risk) if you'd like that.