FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KUL-HKG-YYZ with MH/AC
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:13 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Not to thread-hijack, but a quick and dumb question about interlining. I have an upcoming itinerary -- YYZ-PVG-TPE on AC and then CI, TPE-YVR-YYZ on AC. Purchased on aircanada.com -- the CI flight is a CI flight number, not AC codeshare.

Can I add my DL FFN once I arrive in PVG to get SkyTeam status recognition on PVG-TPE? Or will that "remove" my AC FFN from YYZ-PVG and result in my not getting AC credit for YYZ-PVG which has already been flown at that point with an AC FFN attached? And I presume if I do, I'll have to re-add my AC FFN prior to boarding in TPE to get AC credit for TPE-YVR-YYZ?
Once you've flown YYZ-PVG, it won't matter what you do to the subsequent segments.

I can't comment on whether CI will replace your FFN only on PVG-TPE or on the rest of the itinerary. Different airlines work in different ways. For instance, with CX, you can specify a different FFP for each segment and it will store them all separately. AC can't. Someone else here might know, or you might get a better answer on the CI forum.