FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fake "let me give you some points for that" Routine
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:52 pm
manico

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I did notice that pre-merger, I used to get the survey's from Marriott on an almost regular basis and that usually helped with getting these points posted (a bad review with a note about the promise usually prompted them to credit my account). But after the merger I haven't received one single survey and I noticed that where in the past Elite member calls always went to the UT service center (will usually that's because it wasn't a toll-free number!) whereas now everything goes to India and I just can't be bothered with spending hours trying to explain the situation to them (they only seem to know one answer and it's not the right one for me).

The reason I'm bringing the issue up is that for me at least, it seems like a training "trick" that they've taught the associates worldwide (I'm still waiting for 1k points from a hotel in London promised by the FDA) but perhaps either they don't follow up or it requires a supervisor's approval to post (shouldn't since it's a low amount). I know for some of the properties that they have to "purchase" the points for higher amounts-----at least that's what the manager of one property told me in a lengthy email exchange when he promised me 10k points but didn't deliver until I kept prodding him. In any case, they (and Marriott corporate, it seems) don't seem to think of it as a customer service issue. Yes, the amount is low and not worth bothering to follow-up on in most cases, but it shows that the customer isn't first and doesn't portray a customer-oriented attitude as Marriott used to be known for. Just my thoughts.....