FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts thread - 2020
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:47 am
livefromtuscany
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Completely agree with you that they have really shifted their marketing concept over the years but I do at least understand why they think the latter influencer matters. I believe she (Hoskelsa) is a Victoria Secret Model (6M followers) who is also a rep for Revolve clothing brand. Revolve has been doing a ton of events over the years and often books Aman where possible. Amangiri and Amanpuri they have booked many times with all their reps (models/influencers). So she and her group probably accounts for a good bit of business for them and this is likely the 4th or 5th visit at Aman Tokyo for them. If I can recall correctly.

But I think to the point some have mentioned on the forum, this has changed the demographics at some Amans. And some locations have become more "hip" vibe than "peaceful" because of it.
Thanks for the explanations BESVISOR - shows that I am getting old and no longer care about Victoria's Secret models
Anyway, I follow Aman for serene, beautiful posts of gorgeous resorts. Not to see underwear models (hope my wife is reading this ). I understand that they want to leverage the 6M followers, but those are very unlikely to be future Aman guests anyway...