Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts thread - 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Amanresorts thread - 2020

Since Kage is no longer actively posting, I guess it falls to the mods to start a new Aman thread for the new year.

Last year's thread can be found at Amanresorts Thread 2019
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:29 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Thank you RichardInSF !

Kage is missed, though.
Goodmorning2U, Fliar, deer and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone know where Kage went?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
@aman Tokio: It's indeed wired, if I see such pictures I ask myself if they extended their field of business. Unworthy for an Aman (or every other Luxury Hotel)
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by offerendum
@aman Tokio: It's indeed wired, if I see such pictures I ask myself if they extended their field of business. Unworthy for an Aman (or every other Luxury Hotel)
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Does anyone know where Kage went?
Disgusting ways of ‘ new ’ AMAN surfacing these days . Shocking ..
The New Year ‘ s Eve events at a number too were “ out of character “ for AMANs from what long standing AMANjunkies are accustomed to . Rather embarrassing and exasperating having to answer / ‘ explain ‘ to others about what goes on these days about our favourite hideouts .
Thankfully some AMANs are closed for the season over this wonderful time of the year .
Definitely not aman
Were any of us present ??!!

They should consider a name change ..

Just received an email from N’oi , think they are ok , more sensible , not influenced by those who did not grow with AMAN .

Zoe will likely be our first AMAN for the year in April , since we moved Puri to May ( having to let how the new gallery looks sink in ) . Deciding if to make return stays to N’oi , Sara and or Taka in February / March .. after seeing photos posted and also sent separately by concerned AMANjunkies .
Kage says taking some “ time out “ from posting ..
offerendum likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 21, 2020 at 10:28 am
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I also received the email from Amanoi with a return guest special. Seems like a pretty good deal in that it offers a bunch of free activities AND is combinable with any other rate at Amanoi.
Too bad that I cannot take advantage of this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I also received the email from Amanoi with a return guest special. Seems like a pretty good deal in that it offers a bunch of free activities AND is combinable with any other rate at Amanoi.
My read is that you only get to choose one activity. If it was all the activities (there are over 10 of them!) this would be a great deal.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:09 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
received it too - addressed to „dear valued guest“. Talk about personalized 1:1 marketing
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
My read is that you only get to choose one activity. If it was all the activities (there are over 10 of them!) this would be a great deal.
Missed that nuance. Not quite as fun, but still a nice offer.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:21 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a common question - I did search, was just hoping for recent experiences.

To celebrate a career milestone, my wife and I have the opportunity for a 4 night trip minus the kids (parents have agreed to take them!) during the last week of February.

We are in Australia and Bali is close and am thinking of having our first Aman stay at Amankila. I understand that February is wet season and not the ideal time, but it’s a small window that’s opened and won’t have the chance again for a while.

My question was if anybody has been during the end of February, if it’s likely to have rain all day / every day, or if there will be some sunny periods in between?

I know it’s a difficult Q to answer but thought I’d try anyway as have to decide soon!

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:06 pm

I've been several times in mid-February. Sure, it rains some, but we've never had it last long enough to really affect what we are doing (which, admittedly tends to be a whole lot of nothing at Amankila). In mid-February, it seems to me to rain less in Manggis than the more populated side of the island, and a lot less than in Ubud. Something like a 20-30 minute shower or two, on every other day or so. We will be heading back there ourselves in a few weeks.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Arrow29
Hi all,

Apologies if this is a common question - I did search, was just hoping for recent experiences.

To celebrate a career milestone, my wife and I have the opportunity for a 4 night trip minus the kids (parents have agreed to take them!) during the last week of February.

We are in Australia and Bali is close and am thinking of having our first Aman stay at Amankila. I understand that February is wet season and not the ideal time, but it’s a small window that’s opened and won’t have the chance again for a while.

My question was if anybody has been during the end of February, if it’s likely to have rain all day / every day, or if there will be some sunny periods in between?

I know it’s a difficult Q to answer but thought I’d try anyway as have to decide soon!

Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on your milestone !

Do go for Kila !!
Does not rain all day , potential heavy downpours , usually short , if any & then hot , humid & sunny again

With global warming , who knows it maybe dry !
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:26 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We have been there several times during the first two weeks of March. We have had 1 or 2 full days of rain, but normally there has been just a few heavy showers during which we go for a massage, to the library or to one of the restaurants. Sometimes even possible to hide inside one of their wonderful bales at the beach or around the pool. Amankila is paradise anyway!
FlyerEC likes this.

Last edited by Musken; Jan 23, 2020 at 6:13 am
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:22 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
It's apparently gorgeous in Bali right now (and dry) and it's technically low/rainy season so there you go...

Same for when I went in November, and it hadn't properly rained in about 8 months.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

We went in February. I remember rain at Amandari but not at Amankila. It was however not sustained.

so go!!!

fdw
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.