FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When does EF info become irrelevant?
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:24 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by maggieholls
I'm on a 241 from LHR to JFK next Tues (16.20 flight). At present EF is showing F2, A1 and the seat map is showing 3 seats unallocated and 1 seat in row 1 blocked rather than occupied.

My Q is - sorry if this is stupid! - at what point with EF info not be as up to date as the final sales for the flight? If, for example, me or my companion were to get bumped at check-in, what EF info offer me an insight into true loads there and then on my mobile phone? Or, if the worst happen, help me out in asking to get moved to the 5.05pm flight of EF shows F avails?
If you get bumped at 1600 (gate closing time), then EF's published availability information for the 1705 flight will still be accurate. Your problem is that published F cabin availability does not necessarily equate to space that can be used for you, or or to space that will be made available to you. In theory, published F cabin availability does not necessarily even equate to there being any space in the F cabin at all (although the FT view is that BA will usually only overbook the F cabin by one). So don't regard EF numbers as gospel, only as a rough guide.