FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Effective 1 Feb 20: shades must be open and outlet use ok for taxi, takeoff & landing
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:57 pm
FlyingNone

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by JAaronT
This is a change I'll like because I hate it when the window seat person never opens the window shade when it's closed at boarding.
==================
I almost get the feeling that when people are boarding and see the shades down in their row, they are somehow robotically afraid ?? to open them (I see this all the time) - like someone is going to reprimand them for doing so. I will never understand how people can sit in this enclosed tube with shades down (day or night), moving at hundreds of miles per hour and then upon descending not having any curiosity or sense about how close they are to landing - or if it's bad wind and weather,.... I kind of want to know if the landing is going to be hard and fast so I can prepare my nerve endings. Sitting there blindly is like waiting to hit a wall.
Speaking for myself, I don't live in a cave -- I open drapes, blinds and windows at home to get air and daylight.

Last edited by FlyingNone; Jan 21, 2020 at 11:04 pm