FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:18 pm
iFlyMoreThanYou
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by fabian87
I've bought economy saver tickets and was given the option to upgrade by cash to business class. Hoping to get some answers on the following:

1. 1st time travelling on emirates, and came across some discussion on this forum that Emirates sometimes do offer upgrades for a minimal/attractive fee if their biz class is quite empty when it is close to departing date or even departure time. So does this mean I can sit and wait to receive this email as long as I keep seeing a lot of empty biz class seats through Expedia?

2. If I do go for the cash upgrade, am I entitled to lounge access, chauffeur drive and other benefits that comes along with a full fare business class? Because the cheapest business class ticket by emirates does not offer lounge access and chauffeur, correct me if I'm wrong as I've made the booking a week ago.

3. I have a connection time of 1hour 40 mins in dubai for my onward flight to AMS. Should there be a delay on the flight to dubai and ended up missing the onward flight to AMS, how likely is it that I will be offered an upgrade or lounge access for the next available flight to AMS?

Thank you fellow travellers!
1. As far as I know, discounted offers are only sent to those booked direct
2. No CDD CDA nor lounge access
3. No chance