FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon Flight Deals?
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:50 am
Unionruler

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by rangerr143
Hi all,

I am new here and have been monitoring the threads for a few weeks now. I travel for business quite frequently and am starting to love this website. My fiance and I are getting married in September 2020 and are looking to do Hawaii ~September 20th preferably on Delta Airlines (out of Atlanta). Any tips on premium fares? We really would like to do the delta one seats, but spending 7k on a 9 hour non-stop flight isn't that justifiable in our current situation. Therefore, we are looking to possibly do comfort + and hope we get upgraded? (Currently silver medallion with reserve CC, looking to accomplish gold medallion by September). Any thought, tips, or advice? Best case scenario we buy one ticket with points and front the cash for the other comfort + seat (currently around ~1,100-$1,300).

Thanks in advance!
On the outbound, the only way you can cut costs for a true biz fare is to reposition to some cheap outport in the Caribbean like Jamaica or Dominican Republic, which I doubt you want to do since it's your honeymoon. On the inbound, there are steals to be found. Here is one example, $605 UA KOA-DEN-EWR-SDQ biz, KOA-DEN and DEN-EWR are on 757s, and then you throwaway EWR-SDQ:

https://global.momondo.com/flight-se...s?sort=price_a

Very first link when sorted by Cheapest, follow it into UA website. Edit: Oops I didn't see DEN-EWR books into Economy, maybe you can throwaway both DEN-EWR and EWR-SDQ then.

By the way my honeymoon was SIN-CMB-JED-MAD-FCO-CDG-EZE-BOG-LIM-CUZ-LIM-BOG-GRU-ZRH-MAD-JED-CMB-SIN mostly biz.

Last edited by Unionruler; Jan 21, 2020 at 7:08 am