FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon Flight Deals?
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:19 am
VFRonTop

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rangerr143
Hi all,

I am new here and have been monitoring the threads for a few weeks now. I travel for business quite frequently and am starting to love this website. My fiance and I are getting married in September 2020 and are looking to do Hawaii ~September 20th preferably on Delta Airlines (out of Atlanta). Any tips on premium fares? We really would like to do the delta one seats, but spending 7k on a 9 hour non-stop flight isn't that justifiable in our current situation. Therefore, we are looking to possibly do comfort + and hope we get upgraded? (Currently silver medallion with reserve CC, looking to accomplish gold medallion by September). Any thought, tips, or advice? Best case scenario we buy one ticket with points and front the cash for the other comfort + seat (currently around ~1,100-$1,300).

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to Flyertalk and congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

Unfortunately the key to finding good premium fares is flexibility on location and/or timing. If you don't have either I'm afraid your best bet is either use miles or buy a cash ticket. Fares are pretty low at the moment and wouldn't expect that they'll go any lower. I would advise against depending on an upgrade, they are quite competitive and don't want you to be disappointed.

My advice is to by the cash tickets that work best for you, save yourself the stress and worry. I hope you and your fiance have wonderful celebration.