FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:41 pm
moflyer2k

Originally Posted by Happy
FWIW, the one and the only Staples in our county strictly enforces the one per day rule and it is per Household, not just per person. I am fine with that as I primarily buy it to use for other things, such as paying expenses that the entities dont take AMEX (prefer the BBP 2x).

Multiple shift managers said the store did not make money selling those cards at promotion time. They are short at just say, this is a loss leader to get you in the store for other (expensive) items. All of them claim when in non-promo time, you can buy as much as the register allows, which is $2K per transaction.

So there, a counter point from the local store to your 2 lengthy posts.
I asked the store manager at my friendly $2k/visit neighborhood staples this past week about the GCs and their benefit and he claims there is one, he just isn't sure about where it shows up on the financial information. He says he can't find it on his store's P&L but he's had discussions with management above him on the topic specifically and they claim there was a benefit to selling them but he thinks it's just something that isn't so obvious to store level management.