FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:20 pm
Churnman

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by RedSun
Selling a lot of GCs at one single store does not make that store look good to the corporate.
Not from what I've heard, but it depends on who you're talking to up the chain. For some chains the numbers are used in their quarterly reports. Even if that doesn't matter, it does matter when managers and/or employees act rude to someone that does matter to someone else at the corporate level. Even if you don't know anyone, it only takes a few customers calling to get the wrong kind of attention from corporate (headhunter eyes) on a location, an employee (who may hoard GCs for a buddy) or a manager or manager-on-duty who doesn't treat customers as if they are valued. I actually buy merchandise at the places that I'm allowed to buy GCs when they are on sale. No one loses money (look at HAWK's financials) as long as id is checked properly and common sense prevails. Some companies encourage what they call "point gamers" because they bring business. Those of us who have large available credit and have been at this a while are responsible, pay our pills, and the banks (except for certain weird ones with algorithms that don't actually work well) love us. We invest. The banks or credit unions who treat me as a valued customer get treated well with my business and that means investment managers are happy. It's all good. I started in point gathering programs back in the 90's on my own and have been able to use that for charity, helping needy people go on dream vacations and been able to take my family to places they wanted to go which all brings tourist to those locations and stores. Even the airlines actually make money on your 'free' seat. I'd rather see the glass half full the half empty and appreciate people. We all help people in one way or another with our jobs (of course there are the few cons around that try to ruin things). Peace to my fellow ms'rs and those who create enticing CCs and programs.