FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preferred connection? LHR vs PHL
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:48 am
Dallas49er

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by enviroian
Just a side note I was in that CX lounge ( F side) and was really disappointed. No hot food and was really not better than any domestic AC. The qantas and AA lounges at T3 blow away the CX lounge.
Originally Posted by Antarius
When were you there?

You manage to have the diametric opposite experience as everyone else here always
Originally Posted by bse118
Huh?

There is a full sit down restaurant with an à la carte menu and wait service in the CX F lounge at LHR.

And if you're in a hurry - nothing's stopping you from walking down the hall to the J part of the lounge and going to the counter service Noodle Bar.
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Dang Dang noodles are the best.
I made a F lounge tour December 1,2019,

BA F-Best wine selection, food OK

QA F (actually a J lounge)-Great GIN bar (15 varieties). Food typical J lounge.

CX F Wine selection a bit weak. Food had hot selections, and had 2 servings of noodles! Yum!

AA F Wine selection weak. (It kills me to say) food was the best of the 4.

As far as LHR vs PHL-
1. My experience with PHL is good, great, and short (GE) UNTIL I clear customs, then when released into the general population, the place becomes a cesspool.
2. My experience with LHR is problematic. Changing to Terminal 3 from any of the others can be stressful, especially with a tight connection, but you are rewarded at the end with 4 lounges to choose from, assuming you have time.. , but if you are coming into 5, no fuss, no mess, no bother.

As always, YMMV.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Jan 19, 2020 at 3:50 pm