FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:18 pm
bajaj_ash

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
I won’t even consider Westin if you are looking for any Bonvoy benefits at any level. I am Ambassador and we didn’t get anything practically when we there in December.

it does have an excellent pool and beach access with clean scene and no partying. Staff is very good too.
At Westin, Rooms will be small for a family of four unless you plan to pay for upgrade.
Look for points plus cash upgrade on JW or two rooms if you prefer. Should meet all of your criteria.

Originally Posted by mfeltz
Looking for beach time with my family of 4 (kids 11/8). While Cancun would not normally be my first choice, the resorts look nice and the price/points are reasonable. So here is what we are looking for (I saw no posts answering this on FT):
- Nice pool/beach
- As Titanium Elite, some access to benefits (upgrade or breakfast for 2 or lounge access etc)
- Calm, clean scene, no partying
- Attentive welcoming staff

We are flexible and have plenty of points to use, were looking originally at Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott and Westin Lagunamar, but are open to suggestions.

What is the best Bonvoy property to use points for a week on the ocean?
Thanks in advance