FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can Air Canada lie about the reason for delay?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:14 pm
kapitanflyer

Post Can Air Canada lie about the reason for delay?

Air Canada bumped us off the next flight stranding us in -28 degrees with no food,accommodation or winter clothes for four days. At the initial flight, the captain announced the plan was delayed due to mechanical fault and indeed the food voucher they gave at airport had "controllable delay" written in it. However when I contacted them for stay/food for the next 3 days they denied it and said flight was delayed due to weather. This is not true because other planes took off at the same time and they refused to give the ATC report.

Why would they lie: The recently changed Canadian laws means airlines have to compensate for stay/food with the exception of weather related delay. I am absolutely sure Air Canada is sweeping all delays as weather related even if it's not.
Is there a way to find out other than going the lawyer route which is going to cost us ton of money? I was with a three year toddler and we were bleeding through the nose for walking in -28 with no clothes or shoes looking for hotels but Air Canada is not even reimbursing the food. Except for $40 vouchers which no one accepted anyway. How can I find out the real reason of delay.
Strangely flightaware says it was on time though it was 1.5 hours late Usual take off time is 6:20 am but it took off at around 7:30 am