FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:22 am
travelinmanS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Casily
I traveled in a party of 5 in PE LAX-CAN return. Only one out of the 5 LAX-CAN (one way) posted automatically. All the other ones I had to submit a mileage credit claim with a picture of my BP. Luckily I took a picture before they took the part that showed I had an S class ticket. After a DL IT ticket has been generated, I get a notice that miles will be posted in 48 hours. But then the status changed from processing to “Partners denied miles.” Each time I then had to tweet DL to resolve. They then said I’m not sure why it didn’t go through but the miles will post within 24 hours. I’ve now claimed back 3 out of the 5 SM / MQM. Still waiting for the other 2 cases to go through. A side note: you can’t submit too many mileage credit cases at the same time... I suspect DL IT automatically thinks you’re duplicating your requests. So for each person I had to wait for a day or two to submit these emails. It’s a pain but given it’s 15k SM each, I’m willing to do this while I work on other stuff.
This has started happening to me more frequently now. In the past 4 years flying MU all the time I never had problems with the miles crediting to DL. In the last 4 months I’ve had the same problem as you 3-4 times including the initial denial which I need to rectify on Twitter. Something must have changed in how MU transmits the mileage info to Delta.