FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:20 am
Cat88L3

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by david.anto7
Does Hilton allows to cancel non-refundable reservation on denying price match?

I'm looking to book a room for tomorrow (19 Jan) and for this last minute booking I can see about $40 difference per night between Hilton.com and Trip.com but I'm not sure would it worth it to stick to the phone for say 1-2hrs trying to getting it matched. Hilton says booking T&C says cancelation allowed till 17th midnight, which has now passed while Trip.com says no cancellation. Ideally both mean that there in no cancelation at this time (18 Jan) but I wonder the agents would stick to the t&c saying the reservation did allow cancellation till 17th atleast while Trip.com states no cancelation.
If a reservation is non-refundable, it's non-refundable. Hence the term "non-refundable", lol. I think you are possibly over-analyzing, but the only way you can just see if they will match it is to try. You already know that the cancellation policies are different, so most likely they will shoot you down. They are a stickler for the fine print. However, you can get someone who could possibly gloss over that. You won't know until you try