FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New JAL Japan Explorer Pass
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:41 am
coolfish1103

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by pbd456
Given that the credit card annual fee is only required for domestic members. I would be surprised if they make foreign members to attain crystal status. However, they could increase the 5000 miles to higher amount (given that mileage expired after 3 years). It will take some cost to get the necessary miles.
In all honesty I would say the amount of JGC members derived from international is probably only 10% worth of the members. If the attempt is to reduce the number of members then by all means it should be applicable to all members (whether you pay 5,000 miles or you pay a credit card fee). However, I am unsure if JAL is losing much here cause lounge cost is dependent who they flown. They might just leave it now so make sure they don't have that many Premier and Diamond members.

Crystal status to give OW Sapphire is really not that difficult with the benefits that OW Sapphire gives. 5,000 miles is really not much. I would say 10,000 miles would be fair (also the domestic credit card annual fee should increase).

Originally Posted by miceking
Isn't it only applied to Japan domestic flight sectors included in international tickets? Is JEP classified as including in international tickets?
Doesn't matter really. If they count the JEP G as international ticket then it will be 50% rather than 30%, still a severe cut to make sure you wouldn't want to run using JEP tickets.