FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on Delay Compensation or Complaint
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:23 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
and they do not come back with a replacement tray (which I found it’s super weird)
Did you follow up and ask for the replacement tray when it didn't materialise, and were then refused? It doesn't sound "super weird" to me, sometimes crew just forgot or get drawn into other things, particularly if tired towards of end of long delayed flight.

I was an flight this week (7 hours) on a different carrier and during first meal run the guy forgot to serve the person in the middle seat in the row in front of me, then during later tea/coffee/hot chocolate + lindt ball service, he forgot to serve me (in both instances we signalled to person serving opposite aisle). Basically what I am saying is the crew are human (despite the perception in some quarters that suggest SQ crew are robots), and humans do make mistakes sometimes.

That said it doesn't hurt to pen a note with your concerns to SQ, but wouldn't frame this as demanding compensation, more as disappointment and wondering if this is normal or not.