FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best time to buy transcon business?
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:52 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zoechow
Looking to buy transcon business class tickets for the first half of December 2020. What’s the optimum time to buy? How many months in advance? Or is there no way to predict? Thanks in advance! Zc
Probably not this far out, but also probably not within 3 weeks of travel, either. There is not a consistent answer to this question, so if you really want to track prices as closely (and as passively) as possible, consider using Google Flights to set up price alerts for the dates you wish to travel.

Originally Posted by Kacee
When AA offers I inventory for sale. Right now I see OW fares JFK-SFO on limited dates for $709; unlikely to go any lower than that.
The above response is also good advice with respect to inventory -- 'I' class is what you're seeking, although I've definitely seen transcon business fares on this route for less than $709. I'm actually seeing $609 for several advance dates using the Google Flights calendar function at the moment.