FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What compensation can/should I get for my paid J seat given away? (to merge)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:25 pm
v11a

Another report of AA holding flight for another flight to arrive

Originally Posted by tbd1579
Last week on AA, last flight out PHL-CMH flight was held for about 15 pax. The last 5 to arrive were upgraded at the gate. All pax were on a late to arrive international flight. At least 3 separate reservations. Nobody in the upgraded party had status. Miracles can happen.
Happened to my recent flight , too.

How long was your flight held?

Originally Posted by jordyn
I don't think "routinely" means what you think it means. It's been years since I've even heard of this happening on AA given their relentless focus on D0. Unlike United, which actively manages to minimize misconnects, AA seems to focus exclusively on getting any given flight out on time, regardless of downstream consequences. .
Well, now you've heard of it twice in one day.

I was on a flight recently where they held the flight for almost an hour waiting for connecting pax arriving on another domestic flight.

I don't know if any of them had status, but they all went to the back. Way to the back for most of them.

Originally Posted by jordyn
I

More importantly, in a situation like this where there is in fact time to resolve the problem, AA lacks a customer service culture to encourage and empower its employees to get to a good solution for its high value customers.
True.

The OP's situation could have been resolved quite simply, if AA staff had been so inclined.