FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A Gold status determined at booking date or flight date?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:39 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N102DA
Got it - thanks! Was expecting this would be the answer.
technically, your status at time of flight is what matters. On UA-metal, a selected E+ seat if eligible at time of purchase would hold past status expiry, short of change of aircraft, etc, but shouldn’t be any benefits like that on AC.

You’d think they could cut off benefits based on knowing expiry date beforehand, and would be more consistent than having a new status added. That said, when I was YYZ-based and *G on AC, and that dropped, UA club (actually, RCC at the time) admitted me based on seeing me as *G on my Aeroplan several months after that officially expired.

Originally Posted by ericw
AC's glitchy system even denies valid AC*E and *G from time to time these days...
yup, and who knows the status of the AC system as they continue the transition to Amadeus, which is apparently a big mess (though not sure if that has an affect on Aeroplan).

It’ll also be interesting to see what kind of bugs there are later in the year when the AC FF program moves from Aeroplan to ACs own.